Newcastle - Airport - International, United Kingdom
Terminal rental counter and pick-up
Newcastle Airport, Newcastle, NE13 8BZ
|Sun||08:30 - 22:30|
|Mon||07:30 - 22:30|
|Tue||07:30 - 22:30|
|Wed||07:30 - 22:30|
|Thu||07:30 - 22:30|
|Fri||07:30 - 22:30|
|Sat||08:30 - 18:30|
Special equipment/optional extras:
Booster seat: 11.99 GBP per day. Includes 20% tax; On request Child toddler seat: 11.99 GBP per day. Includes 20% tax; On request Infant child seat: 11.99 GBP per day. Includes 20% tax; On request GPS: 12.99 GBP per day. Maximum 129.9 GBP. Includes 20% tax; On request WiFi Access: 12.99 GBP per day. Maximum 129.9 GBP. Includes 20% tax; On request Special equipment/optional extras may be requested at the time of booking, but they are not included in the rental price. They are paid in the local currency at the rental desk.
Included in the Price:
• 20% Tax
• Airport Fee
• Breakdown assistance is included for mechanical failure only.
• Unlimited mileage
• CDW (Loss Damage Waiver) and Vehicle Theft Waiver (TW) with Excess. (Not included: Tyres, Roof, Undercarriage, Glass, Wheels, Rear view and side mirrors, Windows, Hubcaps, etc. Please check with the Car Rental Provider on arrival).
• Third Party Liability: Covers you in case you cause damage, including passengers and their property, when using the vehicle (unlimited cover).
• One-way has been added to the price quoted online and payable at the counter, only applicable for One Way Rentals.
Mandatory documents & important information:
The following documents are required to collect the vehicle:
• A printed version of your Rental Voucher.
• Passport/ID card.
• A valid credit card in the name of the main driver.
• A valid (with no major endorsements) driving licence. International driving licence (accompanied by domestic licence) is required for customers whose licence is not written in Roman alphabet (Arabic, Japanese, Cyrillic etc.). *Please note that customers from India will also need to present an International driving licence along with their domestic licence. Non-EU customers: please note that your country might have driving licence restrictions and you might need an international driving licence. Please check with the official authorities in your country.
UK driving license holders must present the photocard and printed endorsement record or the code obtained from DVLA website (www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence) for all named drivers, with details of all endorsements. In case of failure to provide this, customers may be refused rental or charged for a phone call to the DVLA Driving Licence enquiries line. Please note that Northern Ireland issued license holders still need to present the paper counterpart.
• UK residents should also provide 2 forms of proof of address e.g. utility bills / bank statements (maximum 8 weeks old). Please note that just the original documents are accepted. Mobile phone bills or council tax bills will not be accepted. You will have to pass a security validation check by car rental agent. Please note that non UK customers must also provide two forms of proof of address (as explained above) if the Driving Licence doesn't show their address
Age Restrictions and Driving Licence:
Drivers must be 25 years old and have held their license for at least 2 years (1 year in Jersey). Small, economy and compact cars may be rented from 23 to 24 years old with a fee (which has been added to the price quoted online and is payable at the counter). No maximum renting age restrictions apply. In some locations, drivers over the age of 70 will require insurance clearance prior to vehicle pickup. Please contact the car rental provider for more details. The maximum age in Jersey is 80 years.
Excess and Liability:
Groups Mini, Economy, Compact and Intermediate have an excess of £1000.
(Standard, Full Size, Van, Estate and Premium have an excess of £1500.
In Jersey, group E has an excess of £1200.
Budget's Optional insurance:
Super Collision Damage Waiver (Super CDW): By purchasing this cover, the CDW Excess is waived. The prices of the Super Cover will vary depending on the selected car group and rental duration:
Groups Mini and economy: £13.00 per day with a maximum charge of £130 (incl tax).
Groups Compact and Intermediate: £17 per day with a maximum charge of £170 (incl tax).
Groups Full Size, Van, Estate and Premium: £25 per day with a maximum charge of £250 (incl tax).
Personal Insurance (PAI): £4 per day with a maximum of £40 per rental. Please ask for more information at the desk.
Windscreen cover: £6 per day.
Road Assistance (Road Safety Net (RSN): £4 GBP per day with a maximum of £40.
Deposit and Credit card Information
A deposit amount £200 + rental price + optional extras will be held on the main driver’s credit card for the duration of the rental. The deposit will be automatically released if there is no theft or damage during the rental period. In case of theft or damage to the rental vehicle, you will be liable for up to the excess amount and the standard vehicle insurance policy will cover the rest.
If you have purchased insurance from a third party an excess will still be required by Budget.
The main driver must have one of the following valid credit cards under his name: Visa, MasterCard, Diner's Club and American Express. PIN number will be required. No other form of payment will be accepted.
2 different credit cards are required for car groups Van, Full Size, Estate and Premium. Visa Debit will be accepted (numbers must be embossed), except for car groups Van, Full Size, Estate and Premium.
In the event that you fail to present a valid credit card or lack of sufficient funds available on the credit card to cover the excess, the car rental agent may refuse to release the vehicle. In these instances, no funds paid will be reimbursed.
Your vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel. To avoid incurring fuel charges you will need to return it full. You may be required to leave a fuel deposit reserved on your credit card that will be released when you return the car full. Missing fuel will be charged on your return along with an administration fee. The price per litre charged by the rental agent may be significantly higher than the price at the local service station.
Rentals in Jersey: all Vehicles are supplied with approximately half a tank of fuel. Refueling charge of £5.29 (incl tax) applies to vehicles that are returned empty. Fuel is charged at local Jersey rates and charges vary according to the type of vehicle and length of rental.
Extras and Additional Charges:
Additional driver: £11.20 per day with a maximum of £112.00 per rental.
Child/baby seats: £11.99 per day (on request). A deposit of £120 applies.
GPS : £11.20 per day with a maximum charge of $112 per rental (on request). A deposit of £120 applies.
Mobile WiFi: £11.20 per day with a maximum charge of $112 per rental (on request). A deposit of £120 applies.
Please note: The price of optional extras (including equipment, fuel and insurance) are subject to change without notice and local taxes may apply. Optional extras (equipment) are subject to availability and payable at the counter.
Vehicles may be taken out of the country if Continental Cover is purchased at the desk.
Continental Cover is available to purchase at some locations at time of rental for any travel within the continent. Please contact the branch 2 days prior to travel for details and to arrange. Charges: 1-7 days: £90, 8-14 days: £126, 15-21 days: £156, 22-28 days: £216. Charges are inclusive of tax and exclude any additional premium location fees that may be applicable. Restrictions may apply.
• The charging hours within the Congestion Zone are from 7.00AM - 6.00PM. The fee is applicable from Monday to Friday. No charge will be made at weekends or on public holidays. Drivers should look out for the Congestion Charge signs en route.
• Traffic fines, sanctions and judicial costs related to traffic violations and tolls are not included in the rental cost.
• The vehicles displayed and models listed are the most common vehicles used by our car rental partners. We cannot guarantee the make/model or traction of the rental vehicle will be the same as the vehicle displayed on our website.
• No refunds will be given if you fail to collect the vehicle at your specified time or if you fail to meet the driving licence, passport, credit card or other documentation requirements outlined in this voucher.
• Budget and CarTrawler do not provide refunds for vehicles returned early.
• Voucher: A printed version of your rental voucher must be produced upon arrival at the rental desk. Failure to present the voucher means the car rental agent may charge you at the local rates. Please note: We are not responsible for overcharges on rentals where the voucher was not presented to the local agent on collection of the vehicle. If you do not present the required documents, the documentation is not valid or you do not have enough funds on your credit card, the car rental agent may refuse to release the vehicle and no funds will be reimbursed